Support Modification

 Posted on May 26, 2015 in Uncategorized

Child support payments don't usually automatically go up or down every year or with every pay increase or decrease. One of the parties has to file a petition with the Court and request a modification. After the Court reviews and rules on the petition, the payor's support obligation will be modified (if appropriate). The Court can, however, make the new amount retroactive to the date of the filing of the Petition. To find out more about modification of child support contact one of our attorneys. Our office is conveniently located in Naperville and we are also available for meetings in Chicago and in Will County.

Share this post:

Recent Blog Posts



address1700 Park St., Suite 203F, Naperville, IL 60563
hoursEvenings and Weekends by Appointment