International Custody Battles

 Posted on June 12, 2015 in Uncategorized

If your child has been removed from the United States and you are seeking his or her return, there are international legal instruments, recognized in the U.S. Courts, that you can resort to. If a child is from a country that has signed the Hague Convention and the country to which the child has been taken to is also a signatory, then we can resort to the Hague Convention for help. If the other country is not a signatory of the Hague, then we can rely on the UCCJEA (the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act). If you are faced with issues relating to international or inter-state custody cases, call us for a free consultation regarding your options and ways in which you could fight to get your children back to the U.S. or to the state of Illinois.

Share this post:

Recent Blog Posts



address1700 Park St., Suite 203F, Naperville, IL 60563
hoursEvenings and Weekends by Appointment