Divorce and Discovery

 Posted on September 15, 2015 in Uncategorized

In certain situations obtaining financial records from your spouse may be difficult. He or she may be hiding their true income or assets - that is especially true for people who are self-employed. In order to obtain financial documents from your spouse we first have to issue discovery - which is a request made to your spouse to provide us with his or her financial documents. If they do not comply with the request, or if you think there are additional documents that should have been produced, we can also issue subpoenas, file motions to compel discovery and schedule depositions. Although this process can be time-consuming, it's very important to complete it as it will have a tremendously important impact on the division of assets, setting of support or maintenance.

Share this post:

Recent Blog Posts



address1700 Park St., Suite 203F, Naperville, IL 60563
hoursEvenings and Weekends by Appointment